Tuesday, December 13, 2022

In what ways do I see myself as creative? What roadblocks do I sometimes find myself coming up against as I nurture my creativity? Things I do to increase my creativity.

 In what ways do I see myself as creative? 

  • I would consider myself creative in multiple aspects. I feel like there are multiple forms of knowledge/form of intelligence people use and I believe creativity is my strong suit. In terms of my creativity I feel like I have always excelled when doing school projects and is probably where my creativity is exhibited the most. I love being hands on and creating interactive projects that will be fun, unique and educational. When it comes to my projects I love always trying something new each time but connecting it with my interest etc. 
  • An area where I saw myself very creative was in High School when I was in leadership position in clubs, organizations, and sports. My clubs consisted of a generalized topic that individuals would be interested that would be expanded on throughout the year. As a leader I knew I wanted my clubs to be interactive and fun and still educational. I created a plan as to what I wanted in my clubs so that they could be well rounded. I would take the vernalized topic of the club then pick a sub topic to cover where I would explain what the subtopic was, where you could go to college for this specific sub topic, careers consisting in this subtopic, scholarships for the sub topic, current news on the subtopic, history of the subtopic, impactful individual relating to the subtopic, volunteer opportunities, book recommendation, movie/show recommendation, and lastly do an activity relating to the subtopic and then explain how the activity connect to the subtopic. Not only was my creativity expressed in the planning but picking out an activity, getting materials, sometimes making a prototype to see if the activity would work, connecting the subtopic not only with the generalized topic but maybe a holiday or an awareness month, week, or day. I would provide all this information in a presentation format where I would also express my creativity on the design along with the flyers that would advertise the club and all forms of social media. Lastly my clubs would have activities to do that connected with school events where I had to figure out how I could represent my club and fit the theme of the event as well. 

On the left a project I did in middle school and on the right a project I did in high school.





These were for my club PSI ALPHA which I founded and was President for. The first picture is signs I made from cardboard and a wooden stick. I painted them to represent our emblem and something that related to our club. The second picture was for multicultural night where I connected psychology with different part of the world. The last picture is the poster I created to advertise the club in club rush. 





These were for my club SNHS which I was President for. The first picture is signs I made from cardboard and a wooden stick. I painted them to represent our emblem and something that related to our club. The last two picture are the poster I created to advertise the club in club rush and decorations I made that went with our theme. 





These were for my club HOSA which I was President for. The first picture is signs I made from cardboard and a wooden stick. I painted them to represent our emblem and something that related to our club. The second and third picture was for advertising the club during club rush.  The last picture is for multicultural night explaining how medicine connects with different parts of the world. 


Roadblocks I find myself coming up against as I nurture my creativity?

  • My biggest roadblock I find myself coming up against as I nurture my creativity is perfectionism. 
  • I always want everything to be perfect and I am starting to get comfortable with the idea that not everything has to be perfect to embrace the imperfections or at least understand that I did the best I could in terms of getting it to be as perfect as possible. 

Things I do to increase my creativity.

  • Try something new 
  • Use my surroundings for inspiration or even use my previous creative ideas and regenerate them into new ideas 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments (since I wasn't able to post them under peers entries)

Blake November 18, 2022 MAJOR It was interesting to see how you decided you major and your thought process as I had a different one. Nonethe...