Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Choose one INDEX award winner or nominee and review their profile and design. Write a comment about the design or invention.


Oui - The next sexual revolution is hormone - free

Index Award 2021 winners


Description: 


This design is named after the French word for ‘yes’, OUI is a beautiful, discrete lifestyle product the size 


of a big jelly bean. It’s a gel capsule that's inserted into the vagina and works after one minute and up to 


five hours. That keeps the spontaneity of sexual pleasure intact, but the real innovation of OUI lies in its 

genius use of the body’s natural pregnancy barrier: Mucus.


Comment:

I am extremely interested by this design/invention. I think a lot of times we over complicate our 

innovations and believe it has to be complicated/complex to be something great and life/world impacting. 

I like that this invention is simple and used simple knowledge to develop this type of natural pregnancy 

barrier. I also enjoy how unexpected this form of medical advancement is. I wouldn't believe that this 

would work but somehow it does. I love that the medical industry is still working on developing women's 

(sexual) health. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments (since I wasn't able to post them under peers entries)

Blake November 18, 2022 MAJOR It was interesting to see how you decided you major and your thought process as I had a different one. Nonethe...